Apartment Building Insurance
Insurance Incorporated has insured apartment building owners since the 1950’s. From large multi-building complexes to small 4 unit properties we have custom programs designed to meet your insurance needs. Our agents insure buildings across California from San Diego to San Jose with seven local offices ready to assist at a moment’s notice.
Speak to an apartment complex insurance agent today, call 877-428-8778 and a licensed professional will assist you!
According to the Department of Housing and Community Development, we will need 1.8 million new homes by 2025 to accommodate a rapidly expanding population. Apartments will play a crucial role in meeting that demand. If you own or manage an apartment building, and are looking for better rates on your existing policies, know that Insurance Incorporated is here to help. We work directly with competitive carriers offering special rates on apartment buildings.
Is Your Apartment Building Properly Covered?
Many apartment complex owners require supplementary coverage options specific to their building’s needs.
- Older apartments are in especial need of Ordinance and Law Coverage. This form of insurance will help cover the expense of modifying older structures to meet current building codes.
- Crime Coverage protects against theft and forgery.
- Hired & Non-Owned Auto Coverage protects you in the event a hired auto gets into an accident while servicing your complex.
- Business Income Coverage reimburses lost rent in the event of a loss.
- Sewer Backup Coverage protects against costly damage resulting from sewage backup.
These represent a few options that may be missing in your current apartment landlord insurance policy. Call us at 877-898-9333 to get help from one of our apartment building insurance brokers.
Apartment Building Owner Exposures
In addition to the standard fire and water damage that often occurs on apartment properties there are many exposures you will want to be sure your insurance policy covers. Some of these risks include:
- Damage to tenant property
- Theft of apartment owner property
- Loss of rental income
- Discrimination claims from tenants who feel they mistreated
- Theft by employee’s and property managers
- Building vandalism
How much does apartment building insurance cost?
The cost to insure an apartment complex is based off many factors, some of which may include:
- Building replacement cost
- Loss history
- Last time HVAC, pluming, roof, and electrical wiring were updated
- Location address
- Number of units
- Percentage of vacancies
- Swimming pool exposures
Ultimately apartment building insurance premium is based upon the carrier and program you fit into. It’s important you discuss your building exposures with an agent who can help you stay within programs that save you premium every year. Your agent will also help you make the necessary change needed to put you in a more competitive program.